Dari - DaRILab
Dari project aims to design and build a safe and child-friendly environment in two Orphanage houses in the district of Shoubra through encouraging the children and the staff to participate within the project process in improving their surrounding environ-ments in which they live and interact. Dari team co-designed with the participation of Finer Arts students and playworkers the unique outdoor spaces in these houses: The roofs to make it a space to learn, to play and to socialize.
Duration: 2 months / Realization : 1 week
Shoubra, Cairo – Egypt
- Waqe3 Tany for Holistic Development
- Sadat Organization for Development and Social Care
- Ministry of Social Solidarity
- Use of local building materials, eg. Bricks, recycled tiles, reeds.
- Participatory design and construction with the local community (craftsmen, students, teachers)
- Construction site at High Intensity of Labor